July 12, 2010

4th of July in Mammoth: Day 1

Happy Belated 4th of July everybody!

We headed up to my Uncle's place outside of Mammoth for the second year in a row. I love his place. It's the cutest little log cabin set on a hill with an amazing view of a lake. I swear he must think we're crazy every time we come and visit because the second we get there my dad and I grab our cameras and start snapping pictures. Well, wouldn't you if you had this amazing yard?

mammoth1

mammoth2

mammoth3

mammoth105

mammoth107

On our first day of our trip we headed over to June Lake. We had to make a stop at Oh Ridge to take in the view.

mammoth108

My Uncle told us about this cute little resort that he wanted us to see. It's got an amazing view of the local waterfall, adorable little cabins, and a pond stocked with fish! If I had the money I would totally stay here...

mammoth119

mammoth4

mammoth110

mammoth113

mammoth114

mammoth12

mammoth116

mammoth13

Next we headed over to the June Lake Ski Resort. I know what you're thinking... ski resort in July? Well this was the first year that they were offering ski lift rides up to their restaurant at the top of the hill. The food was really good and the view was amazing!

mammoth134

mammoth11

mammoth10

mammoth124

mammoth125

mammoth126

mammoth9

mammoth128

mammoth8

mammoth7

We were trying to think of something different that we could do on this trip. We've done The Village in Mammoth, Bodie, Mono Lake, etc., so we decided to put my mom's lifetime national park pass to good use and head into Yosemite! Mammoth is very close to Tuolumne Meadows so we headed there. Soon after we got in the park my dad tried to pull into the Visitor's Center Parking and instead found some of Yosemite's horses!

mammoth6

mammoth137

mammoth138

mammoth5

mammoth22

mammoth142

Tuolumne Meadows is stunning. I totally recommend making the trip if you are in the area!

mammoth144

mammoth145

mammoth146

mammoth147

mammoth148

mammoth21

mammoth150

mammoth151

mammoth153

We decided to head a little further to Tenaya Lake, where we found snow!

mammoth20

mammoth156

mammoth19

mammoth159

Day 2 of our trip tomorrow!

0 comments: