April 27, 2009

Yosemite: Day Two

You would think after all that hiking that my husband did during his backpacking trip would make him never want to hike again. Well, not so much. Saturday was the big hike. We were going to attack the Mist Trail. The name of this trail makes it sound like an easy little walk. Don't let it fool you! Most of the trail is straight uphill, and the second half is all stairs (most of which are soaking wet).

We were headed to the top of Vernal Falls.


My husand hiking ahead of me.


The lower part of the falls.
Almost a mile after we started we reached the footbridge. If you look closely you can spot the falls in the background. (Do I look exhausted or is it just me?)

View from the footbridge

After the bridge came the STAIRS! Ekk!
I also put my nice camera away so it wouldn't get all wet, so the next set of pictures were taken with my snazzy little point & shoot!










Then we made it to the top!







Emerald Pool







After we ate lunch and rested our feet for a few minutes, we headed back down. It still shocks me just how many people were headed up even after we got to the bottom. Apparently it's one of the busiest in Yosemite and I totally believe it.


Don't forget to become a Fan of Laura Laing Photography on Facebook! http://tinyurl.com/FBLLP22

0 comments: