November 1, 2009

Nature: Hike

Doug had been pestering me for weeks to go on a hike with him in our local hills. First I was sick, then I had to work, then something else came up. This last weekend came and it seemed like we finally had some extra time to go! Plus we are dog sitting for my parents, so we had a fuzzy friend to go with us! (Warning: There may be tons of puppy photos over the next two weeks. I can't help it. She's just so cute and knows how to smile at a camera!)

We decided to start out on a trail that I had been on once. Doug tried finding it on every trail map of the area that he could find, but it just didn't seem to exist! But that didn't stop us! We were going to try it anyways.

Hike-1
After a couple wrong turns we finally found the correct trail. I blame the fallen tree!

Hike-2

I remembered from the last time that this trail led to a waterfall. Well, with this being Southern California and all, this is all we found:

Hike-3

Doug decided that he would try and see if there was anything above the "waterfall", but since I didn't feel like killing myself or the dog on the cliff, we did a puppy photoshoot instead :)

Hike-5

Hike-6

Hike-8

Hike-10

Hike-13

Hike-14

Isn't she adorable?

Hike-16

Doug survived his journey up the cliff. He found nothing. Too bad...

Hike-18

0 comments: