May 27, 2010

My 24th Birthday

Last Saturday was my 24th Birthday! We started the festivities off on Friday by going to the "Glee Live" concert! I'm a huge Glee fan so I was really excited when I saw they would be in LA over my birthday weekend. (Thank you for the tickets mom & dad!!!) It was AMAZING to say the least :) (And if you don't believe me you can check out all my videos from the concert on YouTube)

DSC04198

DSC04187

DSC04189

The next morning, aka my birthday, we went out to breakfast. My husband hid gifts in my car for me to find.

IMG_0807

He knows me very well :)

IMG_0806

After breakfast we swung by our new house (no we haven't moved in yet...) and he had yet another surprise for me! We've been looking for outdoor furniture to put in front and I had my heart set on some Adirondack chairs but couldn't find ones that were either a) cheap enough or b) looked like true Adirondack chairs. Well he found some, along with a cute plant stand, and surprised me!

IMG_0809

Then we headed down to Santa Monica for the rest of the day. We walked around the 3rd Street Promenade and then walked over to the pier.

24thBday003

24thBday005

birthday

24thBday008


24thBday009

birthday3

24thBday014

We decided to take a trip on the Ferris Wheel. The views are amazing!

24thBday030

24thBday031

IMG_0811

birthday2

24thBday035

IMG_0810

Usually during engagement sessions I don't travel to the very end of the pier. I think I will from now on!

birthday4

After a 2 hour awards assembly for one of my husband's students, we headed to my favorite restaurant (which has closed all it's locations within a reasonable distance from us!) Macaroni Grill. Like I said, my husband knows me well :)

IMG_0812

Pasta Milano... mmmm

IMG_0814

And the best part, the cake!

IMG_0815

As soon as we were done with dinner we ran out of the restaurant so we could catch the sunset down at the beach. We literally parked the car, ran to the sand, and had maybe 30 seconds before the sun went behind a hill. And yet I was laughing hysterically as I tried to throw my shoes off so I could run :)

birthday5

24thBday069

24thBday065

24thBday061

If the start of my 24th year is any indicator as to how the rest is going to be, it looks like it's going to be a great year!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pics!!!! I love the ones from the ferris wheel view truly amazing and Happy Belated B-day!!!!