December 3, 2008

Bodie: The Trip

Last month Doug and I took a trip up to Mammoth to visit my Uncle. I love getting to visit him! It's nice to get away and be outdoors. Last year we visited him but didn't get the chance to do all that we wanted to. This year we got to go out and explore Bodie, which I was really looking forward to. 

Bodie is a ghost town outside of Mammoth. It's amazing how beautiful and spooky it is all at the same time. All the buildings were left just as they were; bottles left on the bar, magazines on tables, hats resting on chairs, and boots sitting in the kitchen. It's just amazing. 

But don't take my word for it! Let the pictures speak for themselves...

















































If you ever get the chance to visit Bodie I highly recommend it. Just be sure to take a car that won't die on a dirt road, and be ready to walk a bit. It's typically windy and at least in the fall and winter it's freezing cold. But trust me, it's totally worth the trip!

0 comments: