May 13, 2009

Planting: Nature

A few weeks ago I was at Target. I love the dollar section (or is it called Dollar Spot? I've never known it's real name). Every time I go to Target I check out this section. In the spring they carry seeds with mini pots and dirt pellets and pots and mini watering cans. Last year I lived with my parents, who would have freaked out if I brought another green thing into the house. I had a basil plant that Doug gave me along with some sort of succulent I was given at a convention which sat in the bathroom window. Apparently basil needs more light then I was giving it and so it grew all tall and skinny and dead looking. 

Basically I think I have a green thumb, but I tend to kill things. 

Anyways, back to Target. So when I was there, I couldn't help myself. The little Zinnia package was calling my name. And so was a cute, perfect color green, pot. And some extra dirt pellets. 

A week later I had this: 

Yes, I'm proud of myself. They sprouted and are still alive. No flowers yet, but I'm trying. 

I almost killed it's little friend in the left bottom corner. FYI: if you buy the kit from Target, don't keep it in the mini pot! The roots just can't handle it! Buy a real pot. I learned that one the hard way.

I'll keep you updated on it's progress. it's already doubled in size since this pic so it shouldn't be to long until I have some pretty blooms to show you!

If you were wondering, I'm totally sick and wasn't able to get out and take any cool pics this week! This is what I get for having a teacher for a husband. He brings me all his kid's sickies!!

2 comments:

Yelena R. said...

Oh that's so great! I also tend to kill plants...hahaha. Hope the blooms show up :)

Jenna said...

Beautiful picture!